Kích thước chữ: +ALớn hơn -ANhỏ hơn

Friday, May 10, 2013

Bài tập tiếng anh - Bài 1 (TEST 5)

UNIT 1. A VISIT FROM A PEN PAL
TEST 5
I. From each number, pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. continent B. depend C. send D. pretend
2. A. says B. prays C. plays D. days
3. A. climate B. pride C. quit D. primary
4. A. invite B. pick C. ticket D. kitchen
5. A. lock B. shock C. block D. program
6. A. bad B. sad C. day D. catch
7. A. greet B. teeth C. deer D. knee
8. A. sign B. high C. sit D. mind
9. A. enough B. laugh C. cough D. plough
10. A. champagne B. check C. cheese D. choose
II. Choose the word or the phrase or sentence that best completes each unfinished sentence below or that best keeps the meaning of the original sentence if it is substituted for the underlined word or phrase.
1. Maryam was really impressed by the ________ of Ha Noi people.
A. beauty B. friendly C. friendliness D. friend
2. Lan used ________ past the mosque on her way to school.
A. walk B. walked C. to walk D. walking
3. I wish you ________ a longer vacation.
A. have B. don't have C. had D. to have
4. Maryam wanted ________ Lan to visit Kuala Lumpur next summer.
A. invite B. to invite C. invited D. inviting
5. Is Ha Noi different ________ Tokyo?
A. to B. from C. of D. between
6. Please to meet you. Let me ________ myself. I'm Minh.
A. introduce B. invite C. to introduce D. introducing
7. The ________ of Viet Nam is about 80 million.
A. area B. climate C. population D. language
8. Buddhism is the official ________ in Viet Nam.
A. region B. religion C. capital D. currency
9. English is a ________ second language in Malaysia.
A. primary B. climate C. national D. compulsory
10. Hoa and Lan ________ shopping yesterday.
A. went B. go C. make D. bought
11. Bao is not a good student. -->He wishes he ________ a good student.
A. was B. is C. weren't D. were
12. Malaysia ________ into two regions: West Malaysia and East Malaysia.
A. divided B. is dividing C. is divided D. divides
13. My pen pal and I are far away from each other, but we always ________
A. keep on B. get on C. keep in touch D. write on
14. Is physical education________ in your school?
A. traditional B. additional C. national D. compulsory
15. Her good behaviors made a deep________ on all the class members.
A. impression B. expression C. kindness D. happiness
16. The________ language of Malaysia is Bahasa Malaysia.
A. international B. national C. continental D. country
17. It seems difficult for me to have a trip________at present.
A. abroad B. outside C. above D. inside
18. Malaysia is________ into two regions: The East and the West Malaysia.
A. separate B. divided C. parted D. comprised
19. They have________ for nearly two years, but this was their first meeting.
A. worked B. written C. corresponded D. talked
20. A person with whom one becomes friendly by corresponding is a ________
A. writer B. pen-name C. pen-friend D. pen-writer
21. Visitors are welcomed by friendly and hospitable______ of Vietnamese people.
A. attitude B. expression C. impression D. religion
22. They really enjoy the peaceful________ in Vietnam.
A. impression B. atmosphere C. expression D. faces
23. This is a difficult problem. I wish I ________the answer.
A. know B. knew C. had known D. would know
24. I couldn’t come to Mary’s birthday party last night. I wish________ there.
A. I could B. I had come C. I could have come D. came
25. Mr. Poole has lived in Vietnam for many years. He _______the hot climate here.
A. used to B. is used to C. gets used to D. b &c are correct
26. She arrived ________two o’clock________ the morning.
A. at/ on B. in/ in C. at / in D. on/ in
27. I’m worried about my basketball team. I ________they play well.
A. wish B. hope C. want D. ask
28. I wish earned more money, but in fact I ________ .
A. don’t B. did C. earn D. didn’t
29. Sit down everybody. The film is ________to start.
A. ready for B. about to C. coming to D. already
30. We ________her a happy new year.
A. wished B. said C. told D. wanted
31. You can’t smoke in here. It is ________the law.
A. according to B. again C. against D. opposite
32. Brown and yellow hair is fashionable________the moment.
A. in B. at C. over D. on
33. Tan doesn’t know________about sports.
A. nothing B. things C. anything D. something
34. I knew Jane________I was a child.
A. until B. as C. during D. through
35. It’s pouring with rain again! If only I________an umbrella.
A. have B. having C. had had D. had
36. Frenda came to the meeting but Charles didn’t. I wish he________there.
A. did B. were C. had come D. came
37. Miss White is a nurse. She ________working at night.
A. used to B. uses to C. is used to D. has used to
38. Precious metals such as gold, silver________for making jewelries.
A. used to B. are used C. is used D. used
39. You remind me________your uncle. We used to work ________each other.
A. of/ to B. of / with C. with / for D. for/ with
40. Wear a helmet when riding a motorbike. Helmets are used________our heads.
A. to protect B. protect C. protecting D. protected
41. I always read books before bedtime. I ________reading books at night
A. am used for B. used to C. am used to D. was used to
42. You________too fast. That’s why you feel tired.
A. walk B. are walking C. were walking D. walked
43. It’s a pity you didn’t go on a trip with us. We all wish________with us.
A. go B. could go C. went D. had gone
44. ________ did you start playing basketball? –I was 15 years old.
A. Why B. Where C. How D. When
45. We must wait ________ Friday for our final exam results.
A. after B. by C. until D. later
46. He never drinks beer. He ________drinking beer.
A. used B. isn’t used C. used to D. isn’t used for
47. “ Can I smoke is here?” –“ I’d rather you ________.”
A. don’t B. didn’t C. can’t D. couldn’t
48. The house comprises two bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom.
A. consists of B. gets C. divides D. takes
49. My pen pal lives in the USA. We have _______for year but we haven’t met each other yet.
A. worked B. written C. corresponded D. talked
50. I love this city. The ________of the city impress me a lot.
A. views B. sights C. places D. faces
III: Choose the underlined words or phrases that are not correct in standard written English.
1. I wish I can go wish you , but I have to baby-sit.
2.Last night I don’t watch television.
3. I can’t play the piano , but I wish I can.
4.He made his first film when he is 12 years old
5. I wish it isn’t so cold outside today. I want to go swimming
6.When did you buy your car? The last week .
7.Do you wish you are there right now?
8. I wish you will stop smoking . I am worried about you.
9. My friend and I am always busy on Sundays
10. I wish I have more free time.
IV . Read the following passage then answer the questions
Tropical rain forests are found in Amazon region of South America, central America, Africa, South and South east Asia. Rain forests are very important to the world’s climate. The Amazon rain forests alone receive about 30 to 40 percent of the total rainfall on the earth and produce about the same percentage of the world’s oxigen. Some scientists believe that the decrease size of rain forests will affect the climate on the earth, making it uncomfortable or even dangerous for life. Saving our rain forests is an international problem. One country, or even a few countries can not solve the problem alone. The nations of the world must work together to find a solution before it is too late.
Questions :
  1. Where are the rain forests found ?
............................................................................................................................................
2 . How much percent of the world’s oxygen do the Amazon rain forests produce?
............................................................................................................................................
3 . How will the decreasing size of rain forests affect the climate on the earth ?
............................................................................................................................................
4 . Is saving our rain forests only a national problem ?
............................................................................................................................................
V: Rewrite sentences keep meaning as the root one
1. My son plays video games during the day.
I wish.................................................................................................................................
2. It will be very cold tomorrow.
I wish.................................................................................................................................
3. You can’t understand these things because you are very young.
You are not……………………………………………………………………………………….
4. I have so much work to do today.
I wish ……………………………………………………………………………………………..
5. Tom is a playwright as well as an actor.
Tom is not only …………………………………………………………………………….……
6. They did not finish the kitchen on Monday.
The kitchen ……………………………………………………………………………………
7. The last time I saw Lan was at Tam’s birthday party.
I ………………………………………………………………………………………..………

8. What did he tell you?
I need to know ………………………………………………………………….……………
9. Where did they go on holiday?
Do you know …………………………………………………………………..……..……?
10. Where is the dentist’s office?
Could you tell me …………………………………………………………….…………….?
11. How many people are there in our school?
We want to know ………………………………………………………………………….?
12. This shirt is too dirty for me to wear.
This shirt …………………………………………………..……………………….……….
13. I don’t find it difficult to get up early in the morning.
I am used to …………………………………………………..…………………………….
14. Would you please give me a hand?
Would you mind …………………………………………………..…………………….?
15. I can’t understand him because he speaks so quickly.
If he didn’t …………………………………………………..……………………..…….
16. The suitcase is so heavy that I can’t carry it.
It is such …………………………………………………..………………………..…….
17. Why don’t you ask her yourself?
I suggest …………………………………………………..………………………..…….
18. How long is it since you last saw Mary?
When …………………………………………………..……………………………..….?
19. The fight to Moscow lasted three and a half hours.
It took …………………………………………………..…………………………………….
20. She asked, “ How many Japanese students are there in your class, Tom? “
She asked Tom……………………………………..…………………………………….
VI. Give the correct word formation
1. He was turned down for the job because he has not got enough _________(qualify)
2. There were so many ________________in the talent contest. (compete)
3. Do you know what the ___________ of the road to our school is ? (wide)
4. They won the match; actually, they played very ____________. (skill)
5. You should pay attention to the ____________ in the kitchen. (safe)
6. Are you fond of __________________beauty? (nature)
7. She will make _________________for us to see that famous singer. (arrange)
8. Mrs Smith is a good ____________________. ( cooker)
9. He ______________gets letters from people who have read his book. (regular)
10. I want to ____________ this cake into 4 parts . (division)

Nguồn: Internet

0 comments:

Post a Comment