Kích thước chữ: +ALớn hơn -ANhỏ hơn

Friday, May 10, 2013

Bài tập tiếng anh - Bài 8 (TEST 2)

UNIT 8 CELEBRATIONS
TEST 2
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. information B. violent C. opinion D. informative
2. A. therefore B. through C. weather D. this
3. A. watch B. channel C. chat D. chemistry
4. A. guess B. stage C. teenager D. disadvantage
5. A. head B. beach C. leaf D. clean
6. A. light B. fine C. lit D. high
7. A. matter B. back C. bag D. talk
8. A. her B. were C. person D. where
9. A. worked B. stopped C. packed D. wanted
10. A. would B. about C. round D. out
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
1. A. festival B. decorate C. special D. important
2. A. celebrate B. freedom C. apart D. slavery
3. A. chocolate B. receive C. colorful D. contest
4. A. parade B. charity C. active D. generous
5. A. instead B. conserve C. innovation D. ultimately
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1.The cattle drank from a river_______ with toxic chemicals.
A. pollute B. pollution C. pollutes D. polluted
2.Finally, my friend Lan suggested _______ to the beach instead of going camping.
A. go B. to go C. going D. having gone
3.  I am sure they will be very_______at your success.
A. delight   B. delighted  C. delighting  D. delightful
4.  If you want to put up a tent, you will have to look for a nice flat piece of _______.
A. ground       B. soil       C. earth       D. floor
5.  The day-to-day _______of the company is left to a board of directors at the top.
A. working       B. establishing       C. running       D. all are correct
6.  _______ , he was unharmed after being hit by lightning.
A. Consequently B. Finally       C. Cautiously       D. Miraculously
7. I think its a bit ______to hope that we can beat them easily. They are much younger and better.
A. reality       B. really       C. realised       D. unreal
8. Nobody can approve of his _______ to work. He is so irresponsible.
A. character       B. behavior       C. attitude       D. manner
9. The old man is _______of walking 100 meters by himself.
A. inexperienced B. incapable       C. unable       D. immature
10. Why are you whispering to each other? If you have something important _______, say it aloud to all of us.
A. to say       B. said       C. saying       D. say
11. Each of the 4 types of human _______suited for a specific purpose.
A. tooth are       B. teeth is       C. tooth is       D. teeth are
12. _______my friends has watched the film yet.
A. No       B. Not any of       C. None       D. None of
13. In many countries there are national companies belonging to the state, _______private companies.
A. including       B. as well       C. together with  D. but also
14. We all know that it is important _______ medical directions to be understood clearly.
A. with       B. for       C. of       D. in
15. _______chooses to be honest is, certainly, nearer to God.
A. Anyone       B. Who       C. Anyone of us    D. Whoever
16. That honest man always speaks _______ is true even if it is bitter.
A. that it       B. that       C. what       D. which
17. The progress made in computer technology _______the early 1960s is remarkable.
A. in       B. for       C. since       D. during
18. Did you apologise to Mary, _______?
A. who you spilt some coffee on her dress      
B. you spilt some coffee on her dress
C. whose dress you spilt some coffee      
D. whose dress you spilt some coffee on
19. We are considering having_______for the coming New Year.
A. redecorated our flat       B. to redecorate our flat      
C. our flat to be redecorated       D. our flat redecorated  
20. You look so tired! You _______out too late last night.
A. had to be        B. should have been
C. had been       D. must have been
21. I _______ an important phone call from America. Could you tell me when it comes?
A. had expected  B. have been expecting      
C. expected       D. am expecting
22. I _______ a better job, and I am going to accept it.
A. was offering  B. have been offered  
C. was going to be offered       D. am offering
23. He’s always shown an understanding of what consumers want.
a. people who buy something from a shop
b. people who steal something from a shop
c. people who doesn’t believe in God
d. people who is not brave
24. The UFO stayed in the sky for about thirty seconds, and then it went away
a. disappeared b. appeared c. flew d. traveled
25. The necklace is interesting but not precious.
a. invaluable b. very valuable c. worth a lot of money d. B and C are correct
26. A: Would you mind lending me your bike?
a. Yes, here it is b. No, not at all c. Yes, let’s d. Good idea
27. A: Would you like to have lunch with us?
a. All right b. Yes, I would c. No, I wouldn’t like d. Yes, I’d love to
28. A: Why don’t we go for a picnic this weekend?
a. What do you suggest? B. Yes, please
c. How’s that? d. That’s a good idea
29. A: Congratulations on your winning
a. You’re welcome b. That’s very kind of you
c. No, thanks d. Yes, of course
30. A: Shall I get a taxi for you?
a. Yes, I’d love to b. Oh, that would be nice
c. Let’s do d. Yes, why not?
31. A: Could you mail this letter for me, please?
a. No, I couldn’t b. I’ll try
c. Yes, here it is d. I’m sorry, I can’t
32. A: How about going out to dinner tonight?
a. Oh, thank you b. Yes, please
c. No, I don’t want to d. I’m afraid not
33. She has taught English here _______ 10 years.
A. in B. for C. since D. from
34. They _______ me if I could speak Japanese
a. told b. said c. talked d. asked
35. Mrs. Lan lives here, _______?
a. does he b. doesn’t he c. does she d. doesn’t she
36. If Ba became rich, he _______ travel around the world
a. can b. will c. would d. should
37. If Ba _______ here tomorrow, I will phone you
a. come b. will come c. came d. comes
38. Tornadoes can suck up anything that is _______ their path
a. on b. in c. at d. for
39. Nhan _______ to the sea when she lived in Hai Phong
a. goes b. has gone c. used to go d. is going
40. Nam suggested _______ showers instead of baths to save water
a. takes b. taking c. to take d. take
41. Nga’s house _______ in 1995
a. built b. has been built c. was built d. was building
42. Button decided to continue with his studies for another two years.
a. get on b. go on c. carry out d. turn off
43. Family members who live apart try to be together at Tet.
a. beside B. away c. near d. close
44. She often goes _______ church to pray because her religion is Islam.
A. on B. at C. of D. to
45. What _______ they do yesterday? They played soccer with their friends.
A. do B. to do C. did D. were
46. There used to _______ a movie theatre here, but it closed a long time ago.
A. be B. to be C. being D. been
47. The children are playing _______ in the schoolyard.
A. happy B. happiness C. happier D. happily
48. It is difficult _______English in some weeks.
A. to speak B. speaking C. speaks D. speak
49. He arrived in England _______ Monday evening
A. in B. at C. of D. on
50. Hoa worked hard, _______she passed the exam
A. because B. so C. until D. before
IV. Each sentence has a mistake identify and correct it.
1. Lynn wishes she had a bigger apartment and can buy a car.
2. When I was young, I often go fishing and played blindman’s buff.
3. What do you use to do when you stayed at home alone?
4. We’ve corresponded with each other for years but I’ve never meet him.
5. It’s very crowded here and I wish there aren’t so many people.
6. This is the first time she forgot to give me a message at night.
7. This type of clothes is going to be introduce to Europe by Chinese.
8. My father worked for the company for nearly thirty years.
9. Vietnamese women today prefer modern clothes than Ao Dai.
10. This work have to be completed by the students before the break.
V. Give right word formation for these following word in the brackets.
  1. Although she is rich, she lives.................................... (unhappy)
  2. I would .................................... give up my job if I didn’t need the money. (happy)
  3. Your recent work has some .................................... (improve)
  4. They went to see most of the .................................... places . (interest)
  5. Air .................................... makes us unhealthy. (pollute)
  6. My teacher is a ……………………man (culture)
  7. Many .................................... activities will be held tomorrow (culture )
  8. We couldn’t win the prize. We were.................................... (success)
  9. Our team played …………………. We lost (success)
10.This man .................................... in writing (success)
VI. Read the text then choose the best word to fill in the blanks
The Pilgrims left their home in England in (1) ……… of religious liberty. After a long, hard (2) ………….. across the Atlantic, their ship, the Mayflower, finally (3) ………….. land. In November, 1620, the Pilgrims sailed into Cape Cod Bay in Massachusetts to start (4) ……. new life. The first winter was (5) ………… of hardship. Then in the spring they planted seeds, and all summer long they worked (6) ………… their farms and prayed for good crops. When fall came, they had a very good harvest with plenty of food for the winter. In addition, the men went (7) …………. in the woods and shot wild turkeys. The Pilgrims were very thankful. They prepared a great feast and invited their friendly Indian (8)………… to enjoy it with them.
In memory of that happy day Americans (9) ……… Thanksgiving Day every year. They (10) ….. relatives and friends to eat turkey and other tasty foods and to give thanks for all good things.
1. A. interest B. look C. search D. need
2. A. trip B. voyage C. journey D. travel
3. A. came B. went C. reached D. got
4. A. his B. her C. their D. its
5. A. filled B. full C. covered D. lack
6. A. at B. in C. for D. on
7. A. fishing B. hunting C. catching D. searching
8. A. people B. neighbors C. residents D. settlers
9. A. hold B. organize C. celebrate D. give
10 .A. ask B. call C. want D. invite
VII. Choose the sentences that has the nearest meaning sentence as the given one
  1. It’s a pity. I cant play chess.
A. I wish I can play chess. B. I wish I could plays chess.
C. I wish I could play chess. D. I wish I can’t play chess.
  1. Where does Mai live?
A. He asked me where Mai lives. B. He asked me where does Mai live.
C. He asked me where Mai lived. D. He asked me where did Mai live.
  1. They are going to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary in Nha Trang.
Their 25th wedding anniversary …………….
A. are going to celebrate in Nha Trang. B. is going to be celebrated in Nha Trang.
C. are going to be celebrate in Nha Trang. D. is going to celebrate in Nha Trang.
  1. Lan doesn’t have enough time to do it well.
If Lan had more time, …………..
  1. she would do it well. B. she will do it well.
C. she would do well. D. she does it well.
  1. I want to buy him a T – shirt on his birthday, but I don’t have enough money.
…………….
A. I can buy him a T – shirt on his birthday if I had some money
B. If I had enough money for it I’d buy him a T – shirt on his birthday.
C. I will buy him a T – shirt on his birthday if I have enough money
D. If I had enough money I’d buy him a T – shirt on his birthday.

Nguồn: Internet

0 comments:

Post a Comment